Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ammunition AB962

Ammunition AB962

I have read all 8 pages of AB 962 Assembly Bill Analysis. Did you know that this Bill was being signed into law by Governor Schwarzenegger? I didn’t until it was history.

I have to say that while I wish it had never been written, let alone passed into law, I just don’t see it as a big deal. We can always worry about the preverbal slippery slope, but it isn’t as if we don’t have enough on our plates to address.
To me, other than being a hassle to those retailers who sell ammunition and especially to those consumers who require specialty ammunition, this is not high on the list of lost freedoms.

It basically requires “face-to-face” sale of hand gun ammunition of more than 50 rounds in any given month with exemptions for law enforcement, family members, spouses, etc. Yes, they will have a record of your purchase, as if they don’t already.

I see this as another “feel good” liberal idea that adds cost to business with zero possibility of accomplishing the intended goal of reducing handgun violence. It has already been tried in other states and did not prove worthwhile.

bharrison1776

No comments:

Post a Comment